EMC is one of the world’s leading IT Consultancies and I was required to create the UX and then build a video-rich microsite for Next’s Winter Advertising Campaign. Timings were very tight as the TV ad campaign had been already booked and there was no technical documentation or user journeys’ supplied. Having established just what was required, I was able to create a great User Experience (UX) by delivering a beautiful, compelling, engaging, rich website with streamed videos, interviews, extensive effects and tweening that adhered to the clients and consultancies high expectations within the this astonishing timeframe.
- Reworking of websites homepage to incorporate dynamic content deep linking to new products and collections.
- Prototyping a clothes viewer written in flash to enable both image and video based content to have clickable product hotspots in real-time.
- Improving Navigation and Usability by increasing a logical hierarchy to the sites structure after extensive usability analysis. Again the aim was increase sakes opportunities and decrease drop-off.
- Advocating the use of SIFR to replace png buttons and brand elements to increase the brand experience whilst decreasing page loading times and optimising the servers performance.
- Implementing logical switches in database to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Instigating user data analysis to follow user journeys & behaviours in order to increase conversions.
- Improving search queries by rewriting meta data including the use of batch bitmap RGB analysis for colour tagging products.
- Increased visibility of work for client via Jira.
- Investigating and prototyping the best open source platforms to manage customer services efficiently and reduce the customer services departments dependence on Outlook.