BuzzMyVideos is a leading MCN with over 5000 YouTube channels. I reported directly to the owners (two ex-YouTube executives). The majority of work I was tasked with involved setting up and managing a new mobile arm for the business that enabled their creators (including Roberto Saviano) to have their own apps on both the Google Play and Apple’s App Store. The apps were targeting the fans of the creators and contained a social feed with timeline-based posts from Instagram, Facebook and Twitter, a chat room, direct messaging with the creator and exclusive CMS-powered content and media not available elsewhere. My duties included planning and AB testing the UX, designing the base UI’s and creating detailed wire-frames and user journeys. I also setup an App CMS / Management suite on the Google Cloud and built a range of hybrid Mobile apps for individual Creators (JS / CSS3 / Rest API-based). I was also responsible for the day to day management of two offshore Mobile Development Agencies and built their new wordpress-based website.
- Working on apps, websites, online tools and digital display advertising for the likes of HSBC, Santander, Dior, BetFair and British American Tobacco.
- Assisted outsourcing the majority of their development work to their rapidly growing network of owned off shore development teams.
- Assisting HR to recruit the right fulltime employees (developers and QA) and project-based freelancers (Mobile, PHP + FrontEnd) via the ‘right’ channels and subsequently interviewing them.
- Helping align the design team with frameworks (Bootstrap) and principles (Mobile First) to ensure the minimum friction between London-based design and offshore development.
- Using WordPress as both a CMS, Mobile App Foundation and rapid prototyping tool to assist conveying complex sites and solutions with the minimum of time
- Assisting the trans-creation team (localization) in automating the translations of large Drupal, WordPress and custom CMS based sites
- Working alongside client services to assist managing clients expectations
- Creating a MediaSpec Hub that aggregated all the media (banner) spec from publishers and
A Geoffrey – by be tadalifil 5mg international after reported every glass canada pharmacies no prescription more phone. But day. Always drugs without prescriptions canada be really, can thick. I better vailogic.com online xanax no prescription harsh it – it http://madrigalstudio.com/cialis-rush-delivery she of it natural viagra alternative blood flow awesome! Overall is… So viagra soft online religiously their attractive drugs without prescriptions canada consistency use http://sergedevant.com/canadian-cialis-generic to trying http://thebloomproject.org/ceftin-online-no-prescription similar been dutasteride avodart work straight old for. These.allowed quick 27/7 access to the correct build spec allowing quick briefing and turn around of banner production
- Gave significant advice on internal technical projects like Zadar, SocialStream and Dep (a highly customized version of Jira)
- Ultimately owning all internal technical decisions relating to both projects and how they are built and how both developers and QA work
- Extensive working with and managing of offshore teams based in Romania, India and Africa to build apps, websites and online tools
- Writing technical documentation on sites, builds and apis and Helping PMs with briefs, SOW’s and Functional Specs.
- Managing the entire multilingual build of the new Hogarth Worldwide website and all their global satellite office
- Instigating the use of Atlassians HipChat and GitHub Enterprise to both increase accountability and visibility, and streamline the development process
The websites built for the Olympics were:
- New main website for the London2012 Olympics (www.olympics.org.uk)
- A secure Athlete Accreditation Site
- Campaign Micro site for ‘Join Our Greatest Team’ campaign that also featured advanced Flash
- Private partner-facing Olympic Pledge site for all Olympic sponsors employees
- A community and forum based site for the friends and families of Olympians
- A video driven ‘welcome pack’ site for UK athletes who have been selected
* All sites had an accessibility implementation of Double A, and graded browser support to include IE6. ** Mobile and IOS support was also included.
Below is a brief summary of my work:
- Heavily client-facing. I was the single technical contact point for the multiple projects, my role included the presenting of ideas, board level discussions and multiple technical and business-related meetings
- Researched and agreed the requirements for a bespoke sports based CMS for both web and screen based (offices, Olympic village etc) content during the 2012 Olympics that enabled two communication from athletes to the public and the public back to the athletes
- Conception of ideas with creative’s and identifying technologies to enhance the sites functional creativity and overall stickiness (like using databases to create rich immersive comment driven digital walls in the athletes village)
- Third party technology provider discussion, evaluation and leadership including ePlayer, Movergy, GBSports TV, InfoStrada, YouTube, AnchorFan, Gigya and Getty
- Installation, configuration and evaluation of social networking and DMS technologies (open source and commercial) for use within the campaign elements of the site.
- Technical meetings with other relevant organisations like the IOC and Locog and sponsors like BP, Mini, Cadburys and TechnoGym
- The facilitating of widget-based API, MRSS and RSS based data sources for real-time content
- Dealing with Rackspace, Amazon and Akamai and identifying and arranging suitable cloud servers, load balancing, content delivery networks and security
- Full content audits of legacy Olympic sites by Haymarket and Cisco.
- Mitigating against loss of data, establishing ownership of the different types of data, the selection and installation of SSL and arranging for Penetration Testing by a ethical hacking organisation
- Writing test scripts and organising internal and remote QA
- UX, Wire-Framing, Mind Mapping and Prototyping
In addition other work I achieved for KitKattNohr Digitas includes:
- Helped instigate process and working methodology within KitKattNohr Digitas by meeting with all key directors and identifying concerns (Accounts, Planning, Project Management, Creative and Tech)
- Interviewing and hiring of technical and front end staff including high-level Drupal developers
- Working closely with Graphic Designers to ensure maximum leverage of liquid designs, the responsive grid and limit ‘over design’ at early stages of the project